You're probably wondering to yourself "where's TRE's stupid Twins preview?". I mean, I posted all of the other teams in the AL Central in a relatively timely manner, but nothing for the beloved home 9?
Well, it hurts too much to post you, you guys. So much so that I'm completely ignoring it for now. Here are my thoughts on the Twins: Vegas had the over/under at about 73/74 wins and that's not far off. They have no starting pitching. None. Me, R.A. Dickey's Uncle and 3 middle schoolers could do this. It's an embarrassment and sadly it's one that everyone should see coming. Trading Liriano when he was worth half a crap was priority #1 during the Bill Smith era and he pooped it away.
Pujols just made another out again, btw. Now he's getting booed by the Angel's "faithful". Ok, so the guy may have done some roids, but he's going to be fine. He's always been able to hit no matter how much NOXPLODE he's had in his system. He's pressing. It happens. He'll be awesome at the end of the year. Count on it.
For those that tailgated for the Gopher spring football game, I salute you. Man, I've been coming to the TCF spring game for year(s) and year and I've never seen it so packed with fans. It was a beautiful thing. I don't know how much I can say about the game because the enemy (WISCONSIN) may be watching, but my general take-aways are as follows:
- Coach Kill's position changes seem to be spot on. A certain giant QB is now a TE and certain safety is now a LB for two. These guys appear to know personnel I think. And I'm a borderline expert on this shit.
- The beloved new frosh QB that has apparently taken the lead from the beloved old (ginger) frosh QB was outplayed by the old frosh (ginger) by a great deal. That's not to say this wasn't a singular event.
- There were several players including and especially James Manual that were MUCH bigger than before. These guys deserve a lot of props and the strength and conditioning peeps deserve props as well. I don't know their names...look them up.
- If you own a 2006 Chevy Silverado, there is pretty much no way to open a beer bottle with it. Swan and I found a spot on the inside of our doors that would actually cleave the top right off of the bottle. I thought it was sweet, but Swan worried about the amount of glass we were ingesting. Probably valid.
- Props to a certain lucky potential WOMAN OF THE YEAR. Pretty sure you cured a disease or something. You know who you are.